Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Leopard print tutorial!

I absolutely love leopard print! It's my go-to design, cause it almost always turns out nice, but I always do the leopard print like this:


Or like this:


Witch as I mentioned I've done a couple times in different variations. But I have never actually tried to make it look like leopard patterned fur, so I thought I'd give it a try!
Here is a picture tutorial followed with a short explanation of each step (:


1. Paint the nails a solid blue.
2. Mix the original blue color first with white polish and paint thin brush strokes randomly all over the nail, to create highlights (forgot to take a picture of this step :/ ). And then do the same thing, but instead of mixing the blue with white, mix it with black polish, to create shadows. 
3. Add random light blue spots of different shapes and sizes on the nails.
4. Take a brush that's a bit stiff, and only use the tip of it to pick up a tiny bit of black acrylic paint and paint quite sloppy around the edges of the light blue. Make sure the black is painted to the same direction as the background highlights and shadows.
5. Top coat and it's done! (I ended up adding some more highlights before the topcoat, cause the design showed up a lot darker in reality.)

Hope you like it (:

4 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourite manis! It looks gorgeous, you can do it in any colour and it's really easy!=) But you've put an edge to it by making highlights, I don't think I've ever seen something like this, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! ur nail art rocks! thank u thank u for the tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete